Friday 9 March 2018

YE DUNIYA..YE MEHFIL

YE DUNIYA..YE MEHFIL 

This world, this gathering is of no use to be to whom shall I announce the state of my restless heart? I am the fading flame of my own mausoleum I wish I could forget, but I am unable to forget with such pomp marched the funeral of Spring This world, this gathering is of no use to be I know neither my own whereabouts nor have I heard news from friends Even enemies do not receive such a punishment for love Those who found God are those who search for God Let me just have one glimpse of my beloved This world, this gathering is of no use to be Even as I enter the wilderness, I found no shelter I found no excuses (or pretense) to erase the memory of my sadness What do I understand of the world in which my heart remains longing for love? Upon losing a winning gamble, I must search for my lost friend This world, this gathering is of no use to be Far from my gaze, someone is shedding tears How can I resist going when someone calls to me? Either let me mend this broken heart or let me break all ties Oh mountain give me the path! Oh thorns, let go of your embrace! This world, this gathering is of no use to be

No comments:

Post a Comment